So about that time, early December, I ordered a shop stand for the Lemans so I could get the rear wheel off the ground in order to remove it and the rear drive assembly.
I waited and waited and waited for the order to come over from Italy but alas it still has not arrived.
So I called my friend Super Cup Pilot and Guzzi guru Bob. Bob happens to have a V11 Sport, similar to the Lemans. I thought maybe he might have a stand I could borrow. Well he didn't but then all of the sudden he DID!
You see Bob is a toolmaker and metal worker extraordinaire, among his many other talents. He went about measuring, cutting, welding and fabricating a bolt on assembly which mates PERFECTLY to the Guzzi "spine" frame, which our bikes have.
So long story even longer, Bob graciously let me borrow this beautiful shop jack and the Lemans now sits in my garage nicely perched upon it awaiting dis-assembly.
So here are a few pics in what will surely be a series of blog posts related to this activity. THANKS BOB!!!
CLICK THE PICS TO ENLARGE


1 comment:
The man is a fabrication wizard. Unbelievable, what he can do!
Post a Comment