Off to the garage I went, with Cap'n Jim providing some consultation, and I shimmied under the Alfa to install the new bits.
'Twas not a bad job at all....and less than an hour total I emerged covered in black grime but successful! The Spider Graduate is purring like a kitten now!
6 comments:
The task was made all the easier by using the mighty Alfa bungee cord, which is calibrated to provide the correct alignment of the exhaust tip with the outside world.
I hope you're not breathing too deeply when you're that close to the exhaust tip. What's happening with cpj and The Mighty Champ lately? Has he drained anything interesting out of The Gascolator?
CPJ had a mechanical issue with the Champ recently SCPBGAG. I shall ask him to explain it here....
Thanks for asking, SCBPGAG. The Mighty Champ lost compression on one cylinder. At first I assumed it to be the typical stuck valve scenario, but alas, I was wrong. Turned out the cylinder was galled and the piston literally had chunks missing. My IA Glynn had a servicable cylinder on hand (65 horse Continentals are not that common any more) and was able to fix it. So, the Mighty Champ is airborne once again.
The Gascolator is doing great by they way.
I am not seeing any black greasy grime on you in this photo- Did you wash up first for your photo shoot? Good job Chris! Me wonders where you inherited all this mechanical expertise from??? Grandpa Galardi????
Yes, I washed up after the job was done. Believe me I was filthy with black sooty, grimy materials on my arms, hands and face/head. Some GOJO and a shower pretty much cured that :=)
Post a Comment