I was bound and determined to try a new recipe for white bread. So I found a base recipe on the web and embellished slightly upon it. Here's the recipe for a 1 lb loaf:
7/8 cup water (~80 degrees)
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups flour
4 tsp gluten
4 tsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp yeast
I generally add the water into Mister Loaf first, followed by about 1/2 of the yeast and then the vegetable oil, milk.
Next I combine all the dry ingredient and add those all at once. Hit the start button and it's game time for Mister Loaf. Mister Loaf kneads the dought lovingly and then goes through cycles where it allows the dough to rise and it bakes the dough.
The result? about 3.5 hours after I added the ingredients I have a pleasingly golden brown loaf of bread which a crispy texture outside and tender inside. Way to go Mister Loaf!
1 comment:
Totally awesome Chris- Mine never come out as brown and succulent as yours. Time for sonny boy to teach his old momma his tricks of the bread making trade!
Post a Comment