Sunday, October 17, 2010

Riding the Dragon and Moonshine 28

Saturday we rode from Rob's house in Cumming, Georgia to Robbinsville, NC, which is located near some great twisty roads, like the Tail of the Dragon and Moonshine 28.

Along the way we stopped at Rider's Hill, a really cool motorcycle dealership that happens to sell Moto Guzzis.

Once in Robbinsville, we checked into our motel, the Two Wheel Inn and unloaded our stuff. Next it was off to ride the Tail of the Dragon. This is the famous road with 318 curves in 11 miles. Kind of a motorcyclists paradise. It was certainly a lot of fun so we rode it twice :) Lots of challenging, tight curves that keep you focused.

On the way back to the motel we took an equally fun road, nicknamed Moonshiner 28. Again just curve after curve.

Dinner was at a nice local diner called Lynn's Place.

We wound down the evening sitting in plastic chairs in the motel parking lot and drinking a few good ales. More to come on Sunday as we ride the famous Cherahola Skyway in Tennessee.

ALL THE PICS ON FACEBOOK CLICK ME!














1 comment:

Shannon Green said...

Any time I see bikes all lined up in a row, I get an almost uncontrollable urge to knock them over like dominoes.

I'm sure it would be the last thing I ever did, but still...