Today was a glorious weather day here in Florida. It's one of those days (and there are many of them) which define why we love it here in the Sunshine State.
Skies were blue with a few clouds about, sun was abundant and temps were in the mid 80's.
So after my lawn mowing chores were done, I saddled up on my 2002 Moto Guzzi LeMans and headed for the coast to see my old friend...the Atlantic ocean. Being born in New Jersey I can remember as a little boy going to the Atlantic ocean and I love going there more than ever now.
I took some backroads to pick up coastal hwy A1A just north of Daytona in Ormond Beach. Once on A1A I continued north up past Marineland, the Dolphin Encounter place south of St Augustine.
At this point I felt it was time to scout for a nice location to take a few pics of the LeMans on the beach, which I found on OLD hwy A1A, a road which is now mostly closed to traffic due to sand having blown much of it shut.
But the LeMans and I crept along and found a perfect spot with no traffic for the photo op. Below are a few pics and a lil map (the red "X" marks the spot where I took the pics). All in all a wonderful 120 mile jaunt along the coast.
Click on any pic to ENLARGE it
2 comments:
No doubt yours was the only LeMans to be found for miles and miles and miles. Looks like a fun day.
Interestingly, my friend Mason from J-ville has the same year and color LeMans. He was at Matanzas Inlet Restaurant and at the Oasis Saturday evening on his LeMans, a weeeee distance from where I was!
Post a Comment