I am in Pittsburgh, PA for a few days for some work-related training.
While here I am enjoying seeing the sights. Pittsburgh is a neat town. Lots of old buildings, a really cool downtown area and those three rivers that run along the city.
I have been enjoying going to some of the really great little downtown storefront restaurants. The famous Primanti's pastrami sandwich, topped with cole slaw and french fries(!) was fantastic with my pals Paul and Lew on Sunday. We also stopped into an old Catholic church built in 1903 that was decomissioned and turned into a brewery in 1996.
My friend Paul and I walked across the river and stopped in a Jerome Bettis' #36 Bar/Grille (Bettis is a famous running back formerly of Pittsburgh Steelers and Notre Dame).
Today I went with Lew at lunch to a great little local pizza place in downtown and had a slice of tasty pie.
After work I went in search of Weiner World, home of awesome weiners, but they were closed for the evening by the time I found it, walking around downtown following the instructions of my DROID.
So I kept wandering and found Sammy's World Famous Corned Beef and had an absolutely tremendous sandwich for dinner.
Anyway, here are a few pics from my trip thus far.













2 comments:
The sandwich looks good. You must like the city.
Greg
nice sharing.keeping.
Post a Comment