Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Kid Guzzi looks to the Plains
With each passing day I look more forward to my upcoming trip to eastern Nebraska aboard the sturdy back of my 2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio. There's nothing I have experienced quite like long trips on a motorcycle. It's wholly different than the much more isolated feeling of driving a car. Sights, sounds, smells that you never notice in a car are experienced and enjoyed verily so on a bike. People tend to stop and talk to you more as well, especially if you have a wicked cool Moto Guzzi.
I plan to make the ride to the Omaha area in two days, the good Lord and my old carcass willing. The trip is about 1500 miles, so roughly 700-800 miles per day.
Looking forward to seeing some friends and family I have not seen for a few years and maybe tip a pint or two with them. I will be there for a few days and ride back home to Florida via Memphis, so I can stop at Elvis Presley's GRACELAND! Kind of an approximate route below. I haven't yet determined the final route.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment