Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Discovering Florida













Today I headed out on the Guzzi Breva with a couple chums (Andrew-Triumph Tiger) and Bob-Harley Davidson Heritage Softail) to do a bit of riding on the backroads of central Florida and have lunch at the Yearling Restaurant. The ride was an excellent one. Temps were cool from the get go at about 48 degrees this morning at 9 a.m. but rose steadily, achieving the low 70's eventually.

We arrived a bit earlier than the restaurant opened, so explored Cross Creek on foot for a bit. Very rustic surroundings greeted us. The Yearling restaurant was fantastic! What a gem in the rough. Andrew very kindly got us a plate of appetizers which included fried green tomatoes, fried portabello mshrooms, alligator chunks and fried FROG LEGS!!

Each of us had the grilled venison(deer) steaks as the main course. I had collared greens and cheesy grits as side items. Delicious!

Here are some pictures from the trip. The Breva got 46 mpg during the trip. Not bad at all. The little skinny fried item you see is the frog leg I ate (before and after shots). Tastes like chicken!(ribbit)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay- Alligator chunks and frogs legs- ( Yucko City! ) this passing the lips of a kid who spit his baby food back in my face- Man, how times have changed!! ( I suppose if I didn't know what I was eating I wouldn't be phased.) Looks like you had a "keeno" time Chris on your trip- have an equally nice Turkey day also. Pops and I are headed to #5 brother's on Tuesday to help in the feast preparations- Looks like #1, *#2, #3,and their *offspring will be there also. We will miss you, Mara, and Jon but will eat a turkey ( not frog!) leg in your honor. Gobble- Gobble

Kid Guzzi said...

Actually both were tasty. Alligator was a bit chewy, but the frog meat was sublime. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Frog Legs and Alligator.. Soundsssss, not tasty, but I'll take your word for it ;=)