Ahhh, where to begin? Last night a few fellas from work and I went to see the Detroit Tigers at the Houston Astros in the Kissimmee area. We got to see exactly one inning before the skies opened and eventually the game was canceled due to rain. So after hanging around the ballpark for a while to let the traffic clear, we all decided to go to BJ's Brewery/Restaurant. We had a couple beers there and left around 10:45.
I got home and to bed around 11:30 and I needed to get up by 5:00 Saturday morning as my friend Andrew scored me a really great ticket to the Sebring International Speedway 12 Hours of Lemans auto race Saturday. This is a race with carious classes of SUPERFAST cars racing in an endurance race from 10 a.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Saturday. Anyway, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and have been going on 4 hours of sleep all day.
So I got to Andrew's house at 6 a.m. this morning and we hit the road (me on the Guzzi Breva and Andrew on his Triumph Tiger) toward Sebring, Florida, ~ 115 miles away.
We arrived there at 8 a.m. and loitered around, met our friend Rob and his family there (Rob works for Ford and scored the tickets for Andrew who then gave me one as someone canceled)... :=)
The races started at 10 a.m. and man oh man are these cars FAST and LOUD!!! I quickly had to find some ear plugs to suppress the sounds as it was giving me a headache. Below is a link to some pictures from my day at Sebring :=) Wickedly cool!
SEBRING PICS...CLICK ME!!
3 comments:
All I can say is "WOW"! Cool video and pics, Chris. Looks like it was a great time. Sitting behind the Ferrari tent... sweet!
Stal
WOW - Indeed! Looks like an awesome time.
I am SO jealous. I love that track and race it quite freqently... In my basement on the Xbox360...
Post a Comment