Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just some ramblings...


NOTE: Click any of the pics to enlarge
I leave for my motorcycle trip to California in a few days so I have been getting ready for that. I am going to meet my buddy from Papillion, NE, Mike "Stal" Caniglia (Stal is short for Italian Stallion!!) in Springfield, MO on Friday (6/20). I have lined up the Rest Haven Court Motel on Route 66 as our lodging for the night. This is an old original Route 66 motel from the late 1940's. Here are some pics from then and now...




On Saturday the 21st we'll ride some of Route 66 as we make our way through Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. We'll be going right through Amarillo, Texas, home of the Big Texan 72 ounce steak. I hereby challenge Stal to see if he can finish it(free if you do!) From Texas we enter New Mexico and get to our lodging place Saturday night, the Blue Swallow Motel in Tucumcari, New Mexico, another original Route 66 motel from the late 1930's.








I got my pre-ride haircut today in Deland at the old fashioned barber shop...nice n short!!


We'll leave Sunday for the Phoenix area and stay with my sis Mara and her husband Robert and the kids. Looking forward to seeing them. We'll spend Sunday night at their home.

Monday morning we'll head for Malibu, California where the Moto Guzzi National rally is being held. Last I heard they are expecting well over 200 Moto Guzzis there. We will be staying in Calabasas, CA at the Good Nite Inn Monday night through Friday.


Friday morning (6/27) we will leave California for Tucson, AZ to visit my good buddy Dave and his family. We will stay there Friday and Saturday nights.

Early Sunday we will start making our way back up towards Omaha. We have not yet decided where we will stay Sunday night.

Monday evening we will arrive in Papillion, NE assuming all goes as planned.

I intend to hang around in the Omaha area until either Thursday or Friday and then start making my way home to Florida (hopefully back in Florida Saturday evening).

Whaddya think? Sounds fun huh?!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you guys will have loads of fun! Enjoy, Have Fun, and Please Be Safe! :-)

Anonymous said...

We love keeping track of your great adventure. Ride safe!