Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tonight....

I have received some keen things in the mail this week. Most of them are related to my upcoming motorcycle trip across this great land, from Florida to California, sea to shining sea.

CLICK ANY PIC BELOW TO ENLARGE


Along the way my riding buddy Stallion and I will need sustenance to keep us going so I got a little selection of jerky snacks.


To keep us cool I bought a couple cooling bandanas. These bandanas have little beads in them and are flat when dry. Soak them in water for 10 minutes and the beads swell to 400-500 times their size. You then wear it around your neck and the cooling sensation last 18-24 hours!




I bought a couple more pairs of socks made with motorcycling in mind. They don't fall down, are comfortable and breathable for those long days in the saddle of the Guzzi.


As the trip progresses I want to document things that happen. So I bought a pocket-sized motorcycle log book. Additionally, I am bringing a laptop computer which Stal most graciously gave to me. It will allow me to update this blog along the way. A few of the keys on the pc keyboard do not work so I got this cool, cheap roll-up blue keyboard. The other nice thing about having the pc with us is that it has the Technoresearch motorcycle diagnostic software loaded on it so we can plug our bikes into it and perform maintenance along the way.



The Breva now has a brand new Pirelli Diablo Strada rear tire. She'll also be getting a full fluid change soon with some nice, new engine oil and gearbox and rear drive oil.


Finally, my friend Super Cub Pilot Bob (SCPB) from Omaha sent me a wickedly cool videotape from 1991 of his lovely wife Barb flying in a P-51 Gunfighter airplane. SCPB is on the left and Barb is in the middle with her back to the camera. Also is a lot of awesome video of SCPB piloting his radial engined Stearman biplane! Man was that sweet!! As a matter of fact I need to get outta here now and go watch it again. Thanks SCPB!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you brave the heat and humidity we're dodging Tornado's in NE... Oh I know you don't miss that and who would :=)

I can’t wait to see what the mailman brought you... It's either stuff for your trip or could it be a scarf and goggles ;0)

14 days and counting....

Anonymous said...

All so very Keen! Thanks for sharing :-)

Kid Guzzi said...

Thank you :) I wore my cooling bandana to bed last night. It transformed the hot Florida night into the feeling of a cool, crisp igloo.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Chris- I will be praying you and Mike have a safe- not too hot trip- it will be a wonderful adventure for you guys and I know you'll have a whale of a time. Everything you have purchased so far have been things you will be grateful for enroute. Exactly what day are you leaving Florida? Weather here has been hot, humid and full of storms-Take care. LOL ecg

Anonymous said...

can u leave me a comment also? ") thank you......

by the way you are great! !!