Saturday, July 19, 2008

Spider update

My friend Andrew came over to have a look at the Alfa and see what was up with the clutch. After working the clutch pedal a bit he grabbed it and using a good, strong, steady and slow pull he pulled it back toward the himself, back up even with the brake pedal where it was before! Then we took it out for a test drive and it shifted perfectly!

So maybe the issue is not too serious. Thanks Andrew!!! I will sleep A LOT better tonight!!!

**SUNDAY***
I spent a few hours last evening cleaning the Alfa in and out. Today I took it for a few rides around the area in Deland, Lake Helen and Cassadega and the clutch issue did not recur. It is a fun little car to drive for sure!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew has skills dealing with British cars, so he was able to adapt nicely to the Alpha. :)

Someday he may get to help me with the TR-3. Yes, the TR will see the road again!

Anonymous said...

Chris

When I had an olds 442, with a stick, a similar thing happened to me. I ended up replacing the cable between the clutch and the transmission.