However, my good fortune would not last for long. A few minutes later as I was tooling about in the parking lot I heard an ominous GRINDING noise :( This is NOT GOOD, methinks.
So I tooled a bit more and noticed it was coming from the rear of the vehicle. I thought maybe something was amiss with the rear differential. So I came to a halt and left the car to investigate.
Here's what I found.....the pipe entering the muffler had finally given in and the muffler tip was dragging upon terra firma. Whew, what a relief. A rather cheap and easy repair :=) Cap'n Jim lent me a sturdy bungee and I made it home, safe n sound.
3 comments:
whoops not the best result
Yes, I knew that section of exhaust was due for repair but I had ignored it. My fault. The new rear section including muffler is on order and should arrive later this week and I will then install it with the guidance of Cap'n Jim and some hearty ales.
The mighty bungee cord has been doing yeoman service for decades, helping the hapless motorist get home without further turmoil.
Post a Comment