Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why Alfa Romeo & Moto Guzzi?

I get asked on occasion why I drive/ride Alfa Romeos or Moto Guzzis. Mostly this is from turkeys driving around or riding around in what I like to call "appliance" vehicles. You know the type. Solid, reliable, BORING...Toyotas, Hondas and such.

This little video sort of sums up why I like Italian vehicles. They are not an appliance to move us from one place to another. They require occasional time and attention from their owner to make sure everything is all right. But man, they pay you back in spades.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad they didn't use the real Alfa sounds. That sounds like a small-block Chevy.

Kid Guzzi said...

Well, there's nothing wrong with being compared to a small block Chevy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice vid. Did you cut that yourself?

Please don't use the word "Chevy" and "Alfa Romeo" in the same sentence.

Alfas are renowned the world over for their raspy, crackling, free revving engines.

Kid Guzzi said...

No, that's a You Tube video from a British show called Top Gear. I won't begrudge Chevrolet, Ford or other American car makers their due. They have made many remarkable engines and autos over the years. I just happen to like mine with a little extra bit of soul :)

Anonymous said...

A little extra soul? That Alfa Romeo is sex on wheels!

Nobody designs and styles cars like the Italians. How do they do that?

Bellisima.

The End.

Rob J. and the Family said...

Thank you for not throwing "Ford" into the boring statement although we do have some boring vehicles we do have some fun ones - love the video.

Anonymous said...

Man I love your blogs and this is my favourite video on it.

Well done! Always so entertaining!

As for Alfa Romeo - well - as the man says "that's the heart and soul".

Kid Guzzi said...

Thanks for the compliment! I am glad someone is getting a kick out of the blog :)

Anonymous said...

I'll actually second that about your blogs - very enjoyable read! !As a petrol head and fellow Alfisti, I always look forward to your entries on your Alfa and Alfas in general in the USA. Loved your photos from that Alfa meet in Florida and this youtube video.

Top Stuff CWPG!!

Kid Guzzi said...

Thank you friend and I appreciate the compliment on the blog. I love these cars and if treated with respect and care they will repay you with the same. It makes getting up and going to work something to look forward to. At least the drive there is entertaining and not a snooze-fest! :)