Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Guess who's back, Jack!

The Guzzi Stelvio is back and ready for action! After it fell onto it's side over the weekend whilst it was idling unattended (shame on me!) and got damaged, I was distraught that I had a damaged and unride-able Guzzi.

That was before my friend Bob, aka SCPBGAG (Super Cub Pilot Bob Guzzi Afficiando & Guru), came to the rescue. You see, SCPBGAG knows metal and SCPBGAG knows tools and SCPBGAG knows how to FIX metal with TOOLS!

So SCPBGAG graciously offered to welds the parts that got damaged in the Stelvio tip-over so that I might get back to riding whilst I await new parts to be delivered.

Tonight I stopped by SCPBGAG's abode and he did just that...he welded and shaped and FIXED my cracked open valve cover and my broken in half clutch lever!

Boy oh boy, it sure does pay to have GREAT friends! Thanks SCPBGAG! WOOHOO!

CLICK THIS LINK TO SEE A SLIDESHOW OF ALL THE PICS!





5 comments:

Terry said...

Good deal my friend! Bob fixed up some bent parts on my old shadow that i wrecked and to this day they are still functioning perfectly! The things he can do with metal are amazing.

Unknown said...

Looks to me like some fine Tungsten-Inert Gas welding. Nice work!

Rob J. and the Family said...

Very nice work there. Always nice to have a couple of handy friends with tools and such!

Stal said...

Excellent work Bob! Now if only the weather would cooperate.

Anonymous said...

SCPBGAG...A mother's heartfelt thanks for being Chris's good friend and the Guzzi's repairman. Chris without his Guzzi is like a sundae without the hot fudge! THANK YOU! ecg