Fiserv's Human Resources dept is sponsoring a fun "wellness" program. Basically we created teams of 5 employees and we all get a pedometer to track how many steps we walk during the week. Winning teams and individuals on a weekly basis get prizes and stuff.
Soooo, I have upped my normal daily walks to 6-8 miles/day, depending on the day. Thank the sweet Lord I have my little XM portable radio and/or an mp3 player to pass the time as I wander around aimlessly for 2-3 hours/night. :=) I am trying to keep up with a fella here named Jay who I hear has been walking 4 miles in the morning and 4 miles at night (update 6/30/07...I finished with 139,000+ steps for the week. I estimate I walked somewhere between 65 and 75 miles last week)
One of the nice benefits of being out walking so much in the evening is I am getting to know some of my neighbors, folks I often just said "hi" to as I walked by I now chat with more and sometimes even walk with them for a while. There are a lot of really nice people in my neighborhood :=)
No comments:
Post a Comment