Today was a real treat for me. I got to have something I very rarely get...an authentic, home-cooked meal! My normal fare of pb&j sandwiches, cereal and such gets tiring after a while.
Teener and Carl invited me over today for some delicious authentic German vittles which Teener made. WOW was it awesome! Teener made potato dumplings, red cabbage and rouladen (a german beef roll stuffed with bacon). The beef roll is seared and then stewed in delicious juices, rendering it delightfully tender. This was also accompanied by a homemade gravy which was out of this world!
Sweet Lord was it ever great! Carl is a very lucky fella! Thank you Carl and Teener for having me over to share lunch with you!
After lunch I went to see the movie "Dan in Real Life" starring Steve Carell (of The Office, Evan Almighty, etc.) It was a really great movie and I recommend it highly. A very sweet story.
No comments:
Post a Comment