I had the day off today. I slept in, eventually getting up a little before 6:30 this morning. After roaming around the house a bit, I decided to have a hearty and healthy breakfast of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch...two bowls, i would guess right about 468 kernels of Crunch.
I watched last night's episode of The Office whilst consuming the vitamin-enriched Crunch. Very funny episode!
{Insert time warp here} Around 10:00 a.m. I left to get a haircut...well, to get them all cut actually (hardee har har). My barber's name is Freddy. Younger guy, prolly in his upper 30's I'd guess, tattooed, biker-looking fella. Real nice guy. Wickedly good with a set of shears. I paid my fee and gave Freddy a tip and was on my way home to mow the lawn. Thanks Freddy.
Whilst mowing, some turkey in a red pickup truck stopped and waved me over. He told me that the slight yellowing in some of the blades of grass was due to sod webworm or something like that. I thanked him for the advice, told him that I only rented the place and did not give a crap about webworms. He gave me his card and drove off.
{Insert time warp here} A while later I went grocery shopping at Publix. I bought a roasted chicken and some other stuff. When I got home I ate some of the chicken. Tasty bird. Thanks Publix.
I was hopeful the new Eagles double-cd would arrive in the mail today. I perched on a stool near my front window for what seemed like hours(but was actually about 3 minutes) waiting for the USPS mailman. Dammit to hell if the cd did not arrive yet again today. Thanks for nothing USPS.
Disgusted and nearing a state of fury, I drove to WalMart. The Eagles double cd was there. It was $11.88. Heckuva deal. Guess I'll give the other one away once it arrives in the mail. I listened to some of the tunes on the way home. Great cd. Thanks WalMart.
When I got home I ripped the music onto my pc and transferred it to my mp3 player. Went for a walk and listened to more tunes. Liking it a lot. It's good to have the Eagles back with new music.
I enjoy the contrast between the songs written and sung by Don Henley versus those by Glenn Frey. Frey's songs are generally a bit more upbeat, maybe a bit more of a lighter feel and "pop" sound. I compare him to McCartney in the Beatles. Henley's songs are generally somewhat darker in tone, sometimes political and they have a way of making you think, reflect more on things in your life. I compare him to Lennon in the Beatles.
Thanks for reading my blog. Looking forward to seeing my friends and family again sometime. I miss you all. Stay safe and take care....cwpg
4 comments:
CWPG this is really KEEN and well written.. The {Insert time warp here} makes me smile ;-)
I love The Eagles ;-)
Thank you "anonymous". Perhaps due to your love of the Eagles you might be the recipient of the other cd once it arrives.
Your friends miss you too! I'll bet you don't miss the cold Nebraska winters though. Looking forward to riding with you again.
Post a Comment