Friday, June 20, 2008

MAde it to Springfield!

It was a really nice ride today. I slept in today and did not leave until 7:30 a.m. I only had to cover 380 miles today and it was on some great roads!!! Especially of interest was hwy 63 in Mississippi and Missouri. Really nice curves and elevation changes and beautifully forested! The only damper was that I rode through moderate rain for about 45 minutes, but I had my rain gear which kept me dry. Just wonderfully fun riding compared to slogging along the interstate. Additionally the temps were in the 70's which was great!

I met up with my riding buddy Mike "Stallion" Caniglia at around 2:15 at the Rest Haven Court motel. It pretty much looks and feels like a 1947 motel. The a/c is not too good but the owner gave us a big box fan.

Tomorrow will be a looong day, as we have 675 miles to cover to get to Tucumcari, NM. We will probably be leaving at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow to beat the heat.

Here are a few pics from today.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome "BIKE-HUG"...

This is really "KEEN" to watch Your Great Adventures... :-) May you guys continue to have a Safe Journey.. and have Loads of Fun.. :-)

Anonymous said...

...Hey ... isn't that the place PSYCHO was filmed? But they DID give you a box fan... which we all know will ward off any ax wielding psychopathic maniac!!!

Represent out there!

Anonymous said...

Yippee skippy- you made the first 2 legs w/o any problems- except a little rain and hey that's what makes you grow. I agree with derangedmotorist- you may have stayed at an old Hollywood epic place! Who cares about a/c- pioneers never had it. Keep plugging away Chris and Mike - think of teh fun outcome after all these butt breaking long rides! ecg

Anonymous said...

Great seeing the progress. Keep the updates coming. Alex says hi.

motogpfan said...

Hey Chris,
Nick from the CDC. Wanted to let you know Andrew put this link on the board and we are all following your journey.
You guys ride safe,

Kid Guzzi said...

Thanks everyone for the posts and the well wishes. So far, so good..it has been a fun time!