Saturday, November 29, 2008

Grand Funk Railroad Tune O' the Day!

Those who know me know I am a HUGE Grand Funk Railroad fan, especially lead singer/guitarist/keyboardist/harmonica-ist/song writer Mark Farner.

In that vein, I will be offering a Grand Funk tune periodically on the blog. Today's is Queen Bee, which was released on the Grand Funk Lives (comeback) album in 1981. It was also released on the soundtrack of the movie Heavy Metal.

I recall how excited I was when this album came out. I played it on my MCS Series turntable time and time and time again. Man what a great album. Anyway, here you go. Turn it up to 11....


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may actually have that album in vinyl! Great album for its time.

Kid Guzzi said...

I think it might be time for me to bust out the old MCS turntable just to hear it again on vinyl.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you should also play some cuts off Mark's new cd FOR THE PEOPLE.Go to www.markfarner.com Also there are videos on YouTube of 2 of the tracks SAME OLD FEELING and CRY BABY,Larry

Kid Guzzi said...

Good call Larry! I will include those over the course of time. An excellent album by Mark!

Anonymous said...

i have two copies of grand funk lives on vinyl, one copy is still sealed in the shrink wrap, it has never been open!! i also have it on cd!!! iam a huge farner and gfr fan since 1970!!! keep the funk alive!!!///mark s. in georgia

Anonymous said...

I love the Energy of Queen Bee! Of course Mark Farner's voice on any tune would make it rock.
I don't know why this album didn't zoom up the charts.
Maybe the same reason Mark's "For The People" dazzles us in Indie-Land but has no big record company backing. Sure is great new music with Fine Farner Flavor.