So I took a walk at Lake Wehrspann, a fairly large man-made lake about 3 miles from where I call home now. The lake has a nice series of walking trails around it, but due to the recent weather these are all covered in a lot of snow. However the roads are clear enough and the traffic is very light due to the most sensible folks staying in their warm houses on a cold day. I have never been accused of being very sensible. :)
I bundled up and hoofed along the roads. Soon I saw 4 does (female deer) in a snowy field about 50 yards away. Then they saw me. They started to run after about 30 seconds of assessing me and I could not get my camera phone out quickly enough before they disappeared into some trees.
I also saw a red-tailed hawk flying from tree to tree, probably looking for a field mouse or some such rodent he could prey upon. All in all it was a peaceful, beautiful and serene day for a walk.
CLICK ON THE PICS TO ENLARGE








3 comments:
You are the man...Don't get frostbite.
Greg
You are nuts. I can barely take the trash out.
M-Rey
Ah yes, reminiscent of Deland Florida....only colder....and with lots of snow....and heavy jackets....and....
Post a Comment