On February 8, 1990, rock and roll legend Del Shannon took his own life in his home in California at 55 years of age.
I became a big fan of his, even though most of his hit songs were from 1961-65. He had a unique voice well suited to the type of songs he sang.
SO over the course of the next week I will be featuring some Del Shannon songs. Today's song, "When I had you" is from his final album, 1991's ROCK ON. I really like the guitar and organ in this song, as well as Del's voice of course. This album was produced by Jeff Lynne of ELO and released in early 1991. It was nearly completed prior to Del's death in 1990.
Notable participants on the album other than Jeff Lynne are Tom Petty, Mike Campbell and Howie Epstein of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
Sit back and listen and if you want a great album pick up a copy of Del Shannon's last record, ROCK ON.
No comments:
Post a Comment