Friday, July 27, 2007

Back from Irish country






Well, I made it back from South Bend last night, airline flight snafus notwithstanding.

Here are a couple pics from a little Irish pub/grill we went to as well as a pic of the wing of a 757 and a couple other shots......

My 4:10 flight from Atlanta to Daytona Beach got cancelled and they could not get me on a flight back to Daytona last night. So they suggested a 10:45 p.m. flight to Orlando. No thanks, too late. I suggested they try Jacksonville. They got me on a 5:20 flight.

I rented a car in J-ville and drove it to Daytona Beach airport where I turned it in. In Jacksonville and most of the way to Daytona it was cloudy and rainy. It made me miss my Sunshine......follow that rainbow.

My luggage had apparently made it to DB airport (without me) but was locked in a room and nobody was around to get it for me. So I had about given up hope of seeing my luggage last night when I happened upon a Delta ticket counter agent who went back and found my bag :=) That was nice. Hit the road in the Subaru and back home by about 9:45. So it all worked out okay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you made it back... :-)

Kid Guzzi said...

Thanks.....just another little airline adventure. I am going to Alabama soon....maybe I will just ride my motorcycle. A lot less stress.

Anonymous said...

When do you go to Alabama and what for? Is Alabama Keen? :-)

Kid Guzzi said...

Hello anonymous,

I will prolly not have to go to Alabama now until early/mid September. We have a bank there that is upgrading from some of our older software to newer releases of software. I believe I will be in Alexander City, Alabama, which I believe will indeed be a keen place to visit!

Anonymous said...

Hello Kid Guzzi,

You’re are becoming a "Keen" “Columnist” :-)

Keep up the good work...