Saturday, September 8, 2007

Home at last....









I made it home to Deland, FL today. The total trip mileage was 3340 miles. My Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 performed flawlessly, racking up the miles with aplomb. Fuel mileage ranged from a low tank of 40 mpg average to a high tank of 50 mpg average. Most tanks ranged in between, from 42 - 48 mpg. Very pleased with those numbers!!

Before I left I had a good dinner at Doc and Eddie's BBQ in west Omaha with my pals Mike and Mark....delicious!

I took 3 days for the return trip instead of two. I left on Thursday to start heading back. I stopped Thursday morning at Jackson Cycles in St Joseph, MO Thursday a.m. to have Guzzi expert Ace Mallott give check a couple scheduled maintenance items on the Breva and check it to make sure it was in a good state of tune.

I forged ahead to Cape Girardeau, MO and stayed there at a very nice Holiday Inn Express Thursday night. Friday I stopped for breakfast at Waffle House....man they make some good waffles! I then motored on to Birmingham and rode around looking for Barber Motorsports park...to no avail. I could not find it and just gave up and kept going until I reached Alexander City, Alabama. There I stayed at yet another Holiday Inn Express (not so nice as the first one but OKAY).

This morning I finished off the trip after riding for about 8 hours. I got rained on every day to some degree....some days light rain, others heavy rains, lightning and wind. The Breva was quite filthy so I gave her a good warshing today.

All in all a great trip...seeing my family and friends was great. Seeing more of this beautiful country by motorbike was awesome....there's no better way to travel in my opinion. So many sounds and smells and sights are noticed on a motorcycle that are missed while in the relatively sterile and isolated environs of a car or airplane. Thanks for showing me around my Breva...until the next trip!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why didn't you link to doc & eddie's?

Kid Guzzi said...

Oversight corrected!!