Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Miscellaneous ramblings....





I came home yesterday to find that I had no running water in the house. So I checked with my neighbor and she had running water. Hmmmm. So I looked for my city of Deland water bill and sure enough, I forgot to pay it. I must have overlooked it with my recent vacation and work travel.

So I made a payment on the web to get current, hoping the water would magically turn itself on. No luck :=( So, after assisting my friend Carl with some minor woodworking (in preparation for his upcoming nuptials to the lovely Teener), he and I searched the property for the warter shut-off valve...which he found...which he turned back on...voila...INSTANT WATER! So I am all paid up now and back in business :)

Here is Carl and Teener's wedding website. Leave them a message if you feel like it. They are having the wedding here....but I started looking for a room too late so I am staying at this lovely little spot.

I got a new cubicle here at work. One of the cherished window cubicles. Oh how I love it so! Here are a few tremendously crappy pics using my cell phone camera.

I bought a new mattress set the other day. The one I had (queen) was nice enough but just too gd soft for my liking. So that mattress set will go to guest room #1. The bed in guest room 1 will move to guest room 2(aka computer room) and my new mattress from Fox Mattress Factory will take its place in the master bedroom. I got what is called a Fox-O-Pedic, which is a firm mattress, but with a pillow top as well. Staying on the road at Marriott hotels and sleeping on these pillow top mattresses had me wanting one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang you got a nice view...

Anonymous said...

Hummm a "FOX" mattress??? Would this be for a FOXY Man?? :-) Sorry; I couldn't contain help myself..

You Better start rambling on Motorbikes before the "Warden" comes after you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Keen Wedding Site!