Saturday, September 15, 2007

Home from Alabama






I arrived home from Alabama Friday late morning only to find my a/c was kaput. That was no fun. So I spent a fairly sweltering night at home last night. I got my inflatable guest bed out of the closet and tried to sleep in the living room under the ceiling fan...but the airbed was kinda wobbly. So I moved to the couch and that was better...still hot but at least it did not move when I laid on it!

I checked everything I could re:the a/c but it still was not working. Had an a/c guy come out and it turned out to be the thermostat unit had been fried by a lightning storm we had here while I was in Bama. Now the house is cool as a cucumber once again!! Yahoo!!

I worked on the bike for a couple hours today. It has been running a little strangely since I returned from the Omaha trip. I also mowed and put down some fertilizer/weedkiller. Man oh man the excitement just never ends at Casa Galardi.

Now I sit here Saturday night watching the Cornhuskers give Southern Cal a pretty good game (so far). Tomorrow I might go on a charity motorcycle ride for the families involved in the horrific plane crash that happened in Sanford, FL a little while back (a small plane crashed into a house).

UPDATE....Today (Sunday) I spent a goodly amount of time cleaning/re-arranging my garage. Whilst there I just had to take a few pics of my Moto Guzzi Breva 1100....
(click pics to make larger)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! She looks nice a clean...

Kid Guzzi said...

I gave her a li'l bit of carnauba wax :)

Anonymous said...

Well son - our mighty Cornhuskers got thrashed. Lotsa sobbing in Big Red country I am sure. Tom is beaming since the 2 KS. teams both won. Luke went camping on the weekend- kids were off Friday. Just went to Louisville since Andrew had a soccer game on saturday (and Marcia had worked 12 hrs. at Bergan Friday nignt)Lots of running back and forth . Sunday was St.C's festival and since I did not get a phone call I guess I didn't win the thousand bucks. Bike looks "keeno"- Bummer on the a/c - but exactly what happened to one of our centrals- needed a new thermostat. Anything over 75 is HOT to me.Your trip to Bama sounded good. Take Care.