Thursday, October 4, 2007

Back from another trip

I got back home today from another work trip. This trip took me to Sunflower Bank in Kansas. I landed in Wichita Sunday evening and drove to Salina where I spent most of Monday working with Sunflower bank folks.

Tuesday I drove to Manhattan, Kansas with my coworker Lew and a couple folks from Sunflower to be on hand as two Sunflower bank branches started using our Teller software. Things went well for the most part but it was a long, tiring day.

Wednesday we again worked out of Salina addressing some issues and just answering questions as needed.

This morning I was slated to fly out of Wichita at 7 a.m. but after we boarded the plane they found that there was an issue with some auxiliary motor....soooooo....about 3 hours later(most of which was spen sitting in the plane on the gd tarmac) we finally left Wichita. I missed my connecting flight in Dallas so they booked me for a different one departing at 11 a.m....I made that one barely with about 5 minutes to spare as I scurried through Dallas airport to get to the plane in time.

I did not get back to Orlando until about 2:45 and got on the road to Daytona to pick up my brother Luke and friend Mike. They had to wait around for about 45 minutes for me to get there because of the flight snafu this a.m.

I don't mind flying, I just hate the "hurry up and wait" business and the slacker attitude displayed by some airline personnel.

The only cool thing about the delayed flight was that the new Airbus 380 did a flyover at the Wichita airport this a.m. while we were awaiting plane repairs so I got to see it live in person...it is MASSIVE and really cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home...

Enjoy your time with Luke and Mike!!! Do you get Monday off? Bank Holiday :-)

Anonymous said...

All these air delays makes one want to take a train or bus, huh? Pictures are GREAT. I am sure the boys had a fantastic "get away from the daily routine" time. Wait until your brother gets wound up- a beer or tow or three will set him in motion and give you all a few hearty laffs. ecg