Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bye bye ugly fender extension

UPDATE: Tonight (Monday) I installed the LED license plate bolts to light the license plate so that I am road legal. Below is a pic of the final result.

Another update: Today (Sunday 1/13) I replaced the blue LEDs with white ones as blue light is an illegal color on the exterior front or rear of a vehicle here in Florida. I added a pic of the white LEDs below.

This evening I made a modification to the Griso to remove the unsightly rear fender extension/license plate holder setup. A Moto Guzzi dealer in Virginia called Steelhorse Classics devised a simple kit to allow removal of the stock fender extension and replacement with a much tidier setup.

Here are a few pictures of the kit as well as the bike showing the fender extension in place and then a few pics with the fender extension removed. I like the new look :)













BEFORE











AFTER

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like those LED plate bolts!

Stal

Kid Guzzi said...

Thanks Stal. Unfortunately I am going to replace them. When I bought them I thought they were white light LEDs. But they are blue and it is against the law here in Florida to have blue lights on the exterior of a vehicle. Something about impersonating a law vehicle. Bunch of crap, but I don't need to draw the attention of Johnny Law, especially on the Griso as I have a tendency to exceed legal sppeds on it. I have a set of white ones on order. You want these blue ones?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kid... let me check with the law enforcers up here and see if they are legal in this state. If so, I'd be glad to take them off your hands. I'll get back with you soon!

Stal