Saturday, May 23, 2009

Out and about on the Guzzi Breva

Today for the first time in quite a while I got out for a ride with friends on my 2006 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100. At 9:00 a.m. I met up with friends Andrew(Triumph), Bob(Harley Davidson), Rob(Kawasaki) and Rob(Suzuki) for a breakfast ride to Duck's Dam Diner in Moss Bluff, FL. Nice cafe out in the country with great food at really good prices.

After breakfast I said goodbye to the fellas as they headed back toward home and I headed to the Blackwater Inn in Astor, FL for the central Florida Moto Guzzi lunch gathering. We had probably 13-15 bikes for this gathering, which is great considering the rainy weather we have had the last week, today included. In fact, as I was riding from Moss Bluff to Astor, the skies began to darken and then for a 5-7 mile stretch I was in a torrential downpour, arriving in Astor soaking wet.

It was fun anyway, even though I had to sit in the restaurant in wet clothes :=( Still great to see the Guzzi folks and the cool bikes. Quite a good outing today all things considered! :=)







No comments: