Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend projects

Looks like a pretty busy weekend ahead.

Saturday I need to start working on the water pump replacement project on the 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider. A couple weeks ago I started hearing some odd noises under the hood of the Spider and traced it to a failing water pump (pic of pump below). So the pump is ordered and on the way but Saturday I will start dis-assembly, which means the cooling system will be drained, drive belt, radiator, fan shroud and fan removed and then I can get at the water pump and try to get it off. Kind of a pain in the rear job on this car compared to some others.

Sunday my friend Scottie the Canuck is coming over and we are gonna rip his Honda Accord dash apart and install some little electronic device so he can have better fidelity from his Sirius satellite radio.

So this stuff and yardwork will keep me busy for the weekend.

No comments: