Sunday, August 9, 2009

1991 Alfa 164L - Transmission filter/oil change

This morning I played around in the garage for a little while, removing and replacing the automatic transmission filter and fluid in my 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L.

It's an amazingly easy job, just one drain bolt (8mm allen head) and 3 bolts (10mm) on the plate holding the filter cartridge in place.

After letting the fluid drain for about 30 minutes, I pulled the old filter cartridge out. I replaced the o-ring on the plate, inserted the new filter and replaced the plate and the 3 10mm bolts. After refitting the drain bolt, I refilled the transmission with Dexron III (red) fluid.

What a piece of cake (chocolate please)!

Here are some tremendous photos. If you are easily excited I recommend taking a sedative before viewing these.

CLICK ON THE PICS TO SEE THEM IN THEIR FULL GLORY!










No comments: