Monday, September 21, 2009

The Bachelor Dinner

Life alone as a bachelor sometimes throws you a few curve balls. Like tonight. Home after work and a couple pints of ale, I faced my dinner decision.

Let's just say the cupboards were not loaded with food, nor was the refrigerator. Time to be resourceful! I have a few slices of bread left...soft oatmeal to be precise. Okay, that's a start.

Let's check the refrigerator. Hmmm, Southwestern EggBeaters in a carton. Ohhhh, the possibilities boggle the mind.

Harking back on my youth, I arrive at the perfect solution. Southwestern style french toast! Yeah! Oh yes, the flavors of peppers, tomatos and spiced egg mixture bathing the soft oatmeal bread, introduced to a hot griddle.

Cook it up, a little buttery substance and maple syrup on top and voila...the Bachelor Dinner!



2 comments:

shark said...

I think you should start writing "Chris's Cookbook" meals in 3 minutes or less! I could use your resourcefulness with my cupboard.. it would be the ultimate test of your meal making ability!

Kid Guzzi said...

I don't think it would generally be very good advice Shark. Most of my "creations" leave something to be desired :) But last night's was actually good!