Those who have been reading the blog know that over Labor Day weekend I rode the Guzzi Breva to Ohio where I traded it in on a Guzzi Stelvio. On the ride home I was noticing a fair amount of hesitation, surging, etc. from the new bike at lower rpm. Reading the web and checking out my bike found out that I had an older version of this fueling map and the newer one cures the issues I had, which are mostly attributable to the bike running way too lean.
The ride up to Jville was very nice as I stayed off the interstate completely and instead took some nice highways through the Ocala Forest. Upon arrival I was very impressed with what I saw....a really big and nice motorcycle and scooter dealership that carries all the Piaggio sccoters, Vespa scooters, Aprilia scooters, Aprilia motorcycles and of course Moto Guzzi motorcycles.
I was greeted by very friendly folks at the dealership, including John and Matt (the service technician) as well as two more fellas whose names escape me right now.
Matt took my bike to the service area and worked on uploading the new map while I perused the bikes, apparel, accessories, etc. in the store. This is not like any other Guzzi store I have been too. Its showroom was BIG, bright, clean, well laid out and stocked with loads of bikes, parts, accessories and clothing.
It wasn't long (maybe 20-30 minutes) before Matt was done with the Stelvio and I took it for a test ride. Happily all the hesitation and surging and generally undesirable low rpms behavior disappeared and the bike ran great. like a whole new and different bike!
While I was in the store Jim Albano, the regional manager of SSTAM called and one of the fellas put him on the phone with me to talk and make sure I was taken care of and happy.
He also told me some exciting news, that he was heading to San Diego in October for a dealer meeting and it was expected at that meeting that Moto Guzzi would be announcing the arrival of the new V7 Classic in the awesome black/Gold color scheme as well as the V7 Cafe in the traditional Guzzi green.
It's great to have Guzzi dealers in the area now that really give the brand the presence it deserves.
LOTS MORE PHOTOBUCKET PICS FROM TODAY'S RIDE....CLICK ME!
7 comments:
Looking good. Glad to se you got a result and certainly looks like a good store.
If this store was right in Jacksonville, WHY did you purchase your Stelvio in Ohio???
Ahhh, excellent question inquisitive reader! My first choice was to buy the bike locally. I talked to the local dealer but they were not able to give a good trade in value for my 06 Breva due to circumstances beyond their control. So I looked to other dealers and that is the amazing and exciting story as to why I bought the bike in Ohio. Thank you for reading!
out of sheer curiousity, what were your final numbers on sale and trade? I too live in Florida and love the Stelvio as opposed to the GS or even the Vstrom.
I have no idea why this is posting as anonymous, of you want you can email me at tessamerossa@yahoo.com
Email sent!
Chris,
Good to hear the local dealer took care of you even though you didn't buy the bike there!!! Always smart to make a good impression in the service lane for future consideration on purchases!
Yes the local dealer has been really good to me Rob :)
Post a Comment