Friday, November 27, 2009

Made it to Omaha :-)

Well I made it. I sit here in the house I am renting, thanking a neighbor with unsecured wireless which is allowing me to type this blog entry.

Firstly I need to say a big THANK YOU to my friend Mike Caniglia, who flew down to Daytona and did 90% of the driving of the rental truck back to Omaha. Man you want to know what a good friend looks like, take a gander at Mike Caniglia. He is A # 1 !!!

Thanks also to my friends and family who helped me load, unload and unpack stuff...in no particular order as they all helped tremendously and I love them for it.....Carl Young, Mark Tolan, Mike Morhardt, my brothers Luke and Joe, my brother in law Robert, my sister Mara, my sister in law Marcia, Bruce Krause, my nieces Sophia and Cece and my nephews Andrew, Jonah, Aiden and Roman. I mean really and truly these are GREAT family and friends, the best a guy could ask for. Thank you!

Thanks also to friends who checked in on me during my trip back, via phone calls and text messages and emails. I am very grateful to have friends who care. There's not much more important in this life than that.

So now a lot of unpacking of boxes I just packed a few days ago lies ahead. Beds to be set up, computers and tvs and all that stuff I have in my garage to be sorted through.

Here are the first few pics of my messy house. It's sure to improve over time.





4 comments:

Carl said...

Top notch Bachelor pad!!! Looking good mr kotter!

CPJ said...

Glad you made it ok. What would we do without neighbors who have unsecured wireless, right Carl?

Teener said...

Glad to hear you made it up there ok - looks like a nice place you're setting up !

Kid Guzzi said...

Thanks everyone! Got the washer/dryer hooked up yesterday C&T and working fine :)