Thursday, August 26, 2010

New shoes are arriving

I recently ordered new tires for my Guzzi Stelvio. The stock tires, Pirelli Scorpion Syncs, are approaching 8500 miles and the rear is near shot, though the front has some life left in it.

So the bike has kinda of an odd pairing of tire sizes. 110/80/19 front and 180/55/17 rear. I decided to go with Pirelli's new Scorpion Trail tires. These are std equipment on Ducati's new Multistrada.

The front is 110/80/19 but the rear is 190/55/17. In actual measurement these are very much a 180/55/17 sized tire and have been fitted to the Stelvio w/o issue.

Today the front tire arrived and Friday the rear is slated for arrival. I am looking forward to getting them on the bike and giving them a go!


1 comment:

Rob J. and the Family said...

VERY NICE! Don't forget, that the first 100 miles they are slippery. Mine felt a little "loose" until I scrubbed them in. 8500 miles - nice to see you are really using that machine. I am embarrased to say I haven't hit 3,000 yet.