Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fitting the spare fuel tubes

Since my Moto Guzzi Stelvio has a fuel tank that is on the smallish side (4.8 gallons) I decided to try to carry a bit more fuel on board during my trip to Florida just in case I need some at some point.

So I recently bought a couple 1 liter fuel containers(bottles) and today I received what I hope to store these containers in.

I ordered a couple "tool tubes" from an agricultural supply company. These are often attached to tractors to carry tools or paperwork. Luckily the 1 liter fuel containers fit perfectly inside these tubes.

Tonight I went about trying to "rough fit" these tubes to the bike. Right now they are just held on by some little zip ties but these pics will give you an idea of how I plan to attach them. They will be hidden behind the right side pannier (saddlebag).


No comments: