Sunday, January 23, 2011

Man 'n' trusty shovel vs. snow

We had a fairly significant "snow event" here in Omaha last night. My area got ~6-7" of the white stuff. Thank God (I mean really thanks a lot God) it was fairly light/fluffy stuff.

But 6-7" of snow is still a fair amount when only armed with a plastic shovel. So off I went to clear the drive and sidewalks. About 90 minutes later, job done. Pretty good exercise actually, so it wasn't necessarily time wasted.

click the pics to make 'em BIG!









3 comments:

Bruce said...

Chris, it looks much the same as what we have here in southern Ontario! Fortunately, I purchased a Toro snow blower this winter - best investment I ever made. I just use the shovel for "detailing" now.

Kid Guzzi said...

I'd probably have one too if I was smart Bruce, but I've never been accused of being that :-). 3 more weeks and I will be done with this so I think I'll stick my my trusty shovel til then.

Anonymous said...

It stunk in Auburn. I went through two gas tanks full of gas snowblowing the driveway as it was drifted through and through.

A veritable nightmare.

Yell if you want a roomie in Florida.
Peace
Greg