Saturday, April 26, 2008

Central Florida Guzzi Gathering #2

Today is our second Central Florida Guzzi gathering of the year. Hopefully we'll have near as many folks as the first (~70).

We'll be meeting up at Catfish Johnny's restaurant near Lake Panosoffkee, FL later this a.m.

After lunch and bike gazing and such there I think a group of us will invade the Leesburg BikeFest Rally, which is a pretty big motorcycle rally down here.

*****UPDATE*****
We had an excellent turnout today at the Central Florida Guzzi Gathering! I did not get a complete headcount but I believe it was 50-60 folks who showed up! We even had a Moto Guzzi dealer, Love Motorsports, show up with a display of new Moto Guzzis!

I met up with a group of folks in Deland and the 7 of us took the back roads to the gathering site, Catfish Johnny's.

Lots of really cool Moto Guzzis showed up as well as bikes of other makes. It was great to see the faces of some friends I don't see as much as I should and great to meet new folks as well!

On the way back home 4 of us rode through the big bike fest in Leesburg. That would best be described as a mistake. There were boatloads of people and bikes and we crawled through the heat and traffic for 45 minutes. I was happy to be free and clear of that and I think the Breva was even more happy than I. She doesn't care for idling in the heat in stop and go traffic. :=)

The 4 Guzzis riding through that sea of mostly Harleys did turn a lot of heads though....maybe because of their uniqueness or maybe because of the awesome sounds from the pipes on Mason's Lemans and Val's Griso!

CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE PICS!!!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have loads of fun today!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics... Enjoy

Anonymous said...

It was totally worth the crawl in Leesburg for some most interesting people watching...

Anonymous said...

Great pics… Looks like it was a nice turnout… Thanks for sharing..