The Champ is an airplane in a pure and simple form. No electrical system whatsoever. 65 raging horsepower from its flat 4 cylinder motor. You must start it by spinning the propeller manually.
So Jim is going to show me how to spin the prop. After that, I do believe I will get to go fly in the Champ!!! Man this could be an exciting Friday!!

7 comments:
How Keen is this.... Looks like louds of fun. :-) I Can't wait for an update :=)
Be safe!
Thanks...yes it is exciting but I am nervous too. I am sure it will all go fine. Jim is purported to be a fine pilot and the Champ is a mighty bird.
Okay, the trek to Calif has my hair turning snow white worrying about you and Mike... this fete will turn into complete hair loss. Tell Jim I will be after him with a whipping strap if one hair on your head is harmed. I gotta give you credit Chris- you live for the moment! God speed up there in the clouds! ecg
Nothing to fear. The mighty Champ is sure and steady. We don't go fast enough or high enough to do us any harm. No cloud penetration either. Just pleasent travel across the landscape, looking at all the beauty this great country of ours has to offer from an aerial vantage point. No doubt Chris will festoon the blog with pictures and/or video of his great feat.
What! Are you wacky? I don't even trust the airlines... Well, have fun and send me a pic or two from the sky.
Your brother...
Dr. Greg
You might want to wear your helmet and jacket (the one with the kevlar) when spinning that prop.
Ahhh, Enforcer! Good to hear from you! I shall take great care and follow the instructions of Champ Pilot Jim whilst propping this proud bird. Oh by the way I think Stallion Caniglia and Tolan are heading to Upstream west this weekend. You should check with him as to when.
Post a Comment