Here's kind of an idea what the trip will be like. The numbers on the map represent the places we'll stay in sequential order. CG=me and MC=Mike:
CG Day 1 (Thursday) - Deland, FL to Birmingham, AL (~610 miles-stay night in Birmingham)
CG Day 2 (Friday) - Birmingham, AL to Joplin, MO (~630 miles) MC Day 1 - Papillion, to Joplin, MO (~330 miles) stay night in Joplin
CG/MC Day 3 (Saturday) - Joplin, MO to Tucumcari, NM (~590 miles) stay night in Tucumcari
CG/MC Day 4 (Sunday) - Tucumcari, NM to Phoenix, AZ (~600 miles) stay night in Phoenix at my sister Mara's house.
CG/MC Day 5 (Monday) - Phoenix, AZ to Calabasas, CA (~400 miles) stay at hotel near rally site.
We will stay at this hotel in Calabasas (near the Guzzi rally site) Monday(day 6), Tuesday(day 7) Wednesday(day 8) and Thursday(day 9) night.
CG/MC Day 10 (Friday) -Tucson, AZ (~520 miles) Friday (day 10) and Saturday (day 11) at my pal Dave's house.
CG/MC Day 12 (Sunday) - Pueblo, CO (~550 miles) stay at a hotel in Pueblo
CG/MC Day 13 (Monday) - Papillion, NE (~650miles)
I will probably then stay in Nebraska a couple days and likely head back towards home (Florida)on Thursday.
It'll be about 5,000-5,500 miles from Florida to California to Papillion and then another 1,550 or so back home to Florida, so I think about 7,000 total for me on the trip. Looking forward to an excellent adventure across this great land of ours.
4 comments:
I'll be expecting lot's of pictures and such.
I'm guessing on day 14 you'll be sleeping and on day 15 you'll have to enjoy a beer or two or more with your friends back here in Omaha....
I hear that Stal is the best person that you would ever want to ride with. Great guy, great personality, all around fun person. Friend to the law man as well as the military. I think you've made a very smart choice!
Yes, I am sure a beer or two or more with my Nebraska friends will be part of the plan :=)
Stal is a good guy and all, but is this Stal's mom writing in?! :=)
Post a Comment