Saturday, June 27, 2009

CWPG & BP

Of the many things I get ridiculed about on a daily basis, perhaps the most ridicule comes my way due to my faithful companion, my Nokia 9500, aka "The Big Phone", aka "BP".

Rarely does a day go by that someone doesn't make a remark about BP, usually a mocking remark about the sheer size or weight of BP. When I was in Pennsylvania recently for work, BP and me got it big time from the tellers at a bank branch I was visiting, as I was peppered with "questions" about whether I had a holster for BP or wondering where was the bag that BP was supposed to come with (a suggestion that BP was akin to the old-fashioned first generation cell phones that came in zippered pouches the size of hand bags).

Well I let all this business roll of my back like so much water. These turkeys don't understand the power of BP. BP is not a mere cell phone but is a hand held computing device/pda/camera/phone all in one tidy bundle.

Now, BP's silver case was starting to show a lot of wear and had developed a few cracks over the past 2-3 years. So I decided to procure a sleek and stealthy new BLACK case for BP from my supplier in the orient (Hong Kong).

Today the new case arrived and I endeavored to give my buddy BP a new skin. It took a couple hours but I am all done now. Here are some pics before, during and after. Long live BP!











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UMMM.. I think your "BP" is reverting to the past... Your final picture states January 1st 2006.... :=)

I like the new look :0) very nice....

Kid Guzzi said...

Ahhh yes, I had to remove the batry and it resets all that stuff :) All better now