Sunday, June 21, 2009

A walk on the beach in Port Orange, FL

This afternoon I drove the Spider over to Ponce Inlet, FL for a walk on the beach and a stop at a beach bar/grill for a couple ales.

'Twas a hot day, with temps in the mid 90's and a good deal of sun. The place I stopped at to cool down is called Racing's North Turn, so named because it is considered to be where NASCAR racing started in Florida. Part of the race track used to be the beach, and the location of this bar/grill is at the north turn of that old race track location.

I enjoyed a couple ShockTop wheat ales after my walk and then headed home in the Spider. A nice way to spend a few weekend hours.

click pic to enlarge....









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A neat place that is. Looks like it was indeed a nice sunny day to enjoy a walk on the beach.

Kid Guzzi said...

Yes it was. Sunny and HOT! Been several weeks since I have been to the mighty Atlantic and it was a nice visit :=)