Sunday, June 28, 2009

Whoa Spidey! Checking brake pads on the 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider

This morning's garage time entailed checking the brake pads on my 1986 Alfa Spider for wear. A simple job, one must just jack up the car at each corner, removing the wheel and visually inspecting the brake caliper and brake pads.

Each set of pads looked fine, with the from ones more worn than the rear, but still with loads of pad material left for many thousands more miles of use.

Here are some extremely exciting pics of the process. Note the axle limiting straps on the rear of the car, which keep the axle from traveling too far. Interesting design.

I can hardly contain myself while posting these photos thinking about the throngs of folks who will be smiling and giggling as they view these intoxicating photos :=0

CLICK PICS TO MAKE 'EM BIGGER








2 comments:

SCPBGAG said...

I fully understand your excitement. The full frontal shot with the Breva wheel in the background is awsome. Any thoughts on Elkader. Seems like you haven't had a good motersikel trip in a while.

Kid Guzzi said...

Hi Super Cub Pilot Bob! I hope you and Barb are doing well. I am not going to be able to make the Iowa rally unfortunately. Too much going on here for me to make a trip of that length :-(