Monday, January 31, 2011

Two new Guzzi prototypes

Below are two new Guzzi prototypes. One is the new California 1400. It is said to have Guzzi's first water-cooled engine, a 1400cc 3 valve head.

The other is the 750 Scrambler. Air-cooled 750cc. What do you thnk of these?

CLICK THE PICS TO MAKE THEM MUCH LARGER!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The California- no question. Very nice.

DT

CPJ said...

Do you still have to adjust the valves on the California?

Kid Guzzi said...

CPJ, I believe yes the valves will still be adjusted by hand, not hydraulic lifters. This is speculation on my part but I think this new engine will be based on the "big bore" aftermarket engine that was developed in the last several years. Water cooled, 1420cc, making somewhere between 120-130 hp.

Terry said...

I sent you that link last night too Chris. I like the california, it looks like it might have the widest rear tire ever on a Guzzi. That engine should scream, i see it has 3valve heads like my Honda.

Kid Guzzi said...

Thanks for the link TERRminator! Yeah I think it looks ok. I think they said maybe it is a 200 rear tire? Anyway if that engine bears any resemblance to the water-cooled ~1400cc they put in the MGS-01 at Daytona a few years back that bike will be a riot to ride!