Saturday, June 6, 2009

Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 tuneup

This morning I spent a little time in the garage doing some tune up work on my 2006 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100. It's been a rainy morning and those are good days to bond with the vehicles in the garage.

I need to check/adjust the valve clearances on the bike, an easy but necessary job every 6000 miles. I also wanted to hook up the Technoresearch VDSTS diagnostic software and check a few things on the bike.

Unfortunately for the mighty Alfa Romeo 164L she had to sit outside in the rain and wind so I had ample room to work on the bike. She took one for the team today.

The Breva's valve clearance were not far out of spec but needed minor adjustment, mostly on the intake valves. As well, the throttle position sensor (TPS) voltage settings were off slightly so I reset that via the VDSTS software and also ran several other diagnostic tests on the bike while I was at it. Pretty slick little piece of software.

Anyway, the job's done and here are a few pics

PHOTOBUCKET PICS CLICK HERE

Sad and wet Alfa 164L :-(




5 comments:

Stal said...

Purrs like a hungry mountain lion!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard the phrase.. "Purrs like a hungry mountain lion" Funny... I can only use my imagination, which probably isn't saying a heck a lot about my imagination... But neverless I must say Kid-Guzzi you have that Breva sounding mighty fine...

Kid Guzzi said...

Thank you :) She seems to be running pretty well. I prolly need to take her on a road trip somewhere. It's been a while.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were getting her ready to go on a trip.... Colorado or someplace up north for a Bike Rally or something like that...

Unknown said...

green bay packers jerseys
replica watches
longchamp handbags
true religion jeans
lacoste polo shirts
stuart weitzman boots
hollister
miami heat jersey
coach outlet online
tods outlet
timberland shoes
valentino outlet
the north face uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
futbol baratas
gucci outlet
nike running shoes
insanity workout
san francisco 49ers jerseys
true religion outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglasses
swarovski jewelry
beats headphones
foamposite shoes
lebron james shoes
jordan 4
nike air max uk
hollister shirts
seattle seahawks jerseys
burberry outlet
ray ban wayfarer
cai2015703