Tonight my friend Cap'n Jim stopped by Casa Galardi for a few ales, some chatter about cars and motorcycles and a spirited bout of "Name that Band".
On occasion he will stop by, usually when there is some sort of automotive or motorcycle chore he can "supervise". Tonight however, there was no chore, just the lure of attempting to defeat me in "Name that Band".
'Twas a nice and breezy and rainy night here in central Florida and we sat in the garage, in front of the Alfa 164 and next to the Alfa Spider and Guzzi Breva, with his BMW Z3 collecting raindrops in the driveway. The XM Boombox radio was tuned to channel 46, Top Tracks, which plays classic rock. Spurred on by some excellent ales left by my pal Scott the Canadian on a previous visit, I quickly jumped to an insurmountable 7-1 lead in "Name that Band". You see, my technique is to distract the Cap'n by discussing various automotive, airplane or motorcycle topics and then deftly naming the band when a new tune starts.
This worked unusually well tonight. Toward the end, I felt sorry for him and he closed the gap somewhat, but I won by a healthy margin, 9-6.
Ahh, yes, another exciting night in Deland :=)
2 comments:
Indeed, 'twas exciting. The rain pummeled the mighty Z-3 all the way home, but my newly clarified left headlight shone the way. Truth be told, I let you win as a reward for your deft detection of the hole in the secondary air induction system of the mighty z-3. With A supple application of duct tape I shall soon enjoy the pleasure of no "check-engine" lights at absolutelty no cost.
Next time you bring the Z-3 we shall commence to applying some of my gentle yet powerful Ultra Fine Polishing cleaner from malms.com, followed by an application of the sublime carnauba wax from the same supplier. That paint needs help!
Post a Comment