Thursday, October 29, 2009

Doofus

You'd think after numerous instances I would learn, but no. Yet again this afternoon I looked out the window near my 4th floor office to see rain falling from the sky...and into my Alfa Romeo Spider, who's top I had left down. This happens to me a lot. I drive to work in the a.m. with the top down, whistling a tune and feeling the wind pass through my thick, luscious hair. I leave the top down at work, because it is nice out, clear skies and all that. Then out of the blue a lousy shower passes through and gives my Spider's interior a nice little soaking.

Then there's the scene of me scurrying out the door, running down 4 flights of stairs, out to my car and looking for anything I can find in the trunk to mop the water beads off the supple vinyl seats, etc.

Oh well, it dries out quickly as the clouds pass and the Florida sun does its job. I just wish I wasn't such a dumb*ss sometimes!

Onto other news.....it looks like I have found a new spot to live, unless something unexpected happens.

Check out this map below from the house to my office in Omaha. 1.4 miles by foot! Yeah! Also here are a couple more house area pics ("A" on the map) and one pic of the office, located on the top floor of the US Bank building ("B" on the map)





4 comments:

Rob J. and the Family said...

There is an airport right there on that map - very convenient for taking flight lessons at lunch or after work......

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome Chris... and within walking distance to work. How nice is that!! ecg

Kid Guzzi said...

Rob, my friend Super Cub Pilot Bob has his beautiful Super Cub at that airport. Maybe I will get to fly in it after all :)

Mom, yeah that is nice. I hope it works out. I will walk to work all the time!

Unknown said...

that is righteously close to the airport and the friendly skies with SCPB and the mighty Super Cub.