Well, to take my mind off the
Breva crash I decided to head outside and do a little work on the Alfa Romeo 164L. Occasionally the Anti Lock Brake (ABS) warning light illuminates on the dash. Upon investigation I found out that this could be due to dirty ABS sensors at each wheel. These are little electronic devices which measure the wheelspin at each wheel and feed this data back to the ABS system so it can work properly.
I took each wheel off and then each sensor and cleaned each one. They were rather filthy with grime and little bits of magnetic swarf, to borrow a phrase from my friend Bob Alf :) Here are a few pics. I'll go for a test drive and see if it made a difference.
***UPDATE*** It didn't make a difference...the light still comes on :( But I did find some Sierra Nevada Christmas Celebration Ale and am enjoying that :)




No comments:
Post a Comment