Saturday, December 12, 2009

Searching for a Christmas tree

Today I spent seemingly endless hours searching high and low for a suitable Christmas tree for my new abode. Christmas tree lot after lot, nursery after nursery, field and forest alike I trudged through looking for just the right tree.

Finally I was about to give up, beaten and downtrodden as I was walked through an open, snow covered field...when in the distance I spotted something. As I got closer it appeared small and frail, its growth perhaps stunted by the cold and snow. A moment passed and finally I was upon the object I had spotted....just the tree I was looking for!

I removed the trusty stainless tablespoon from my pocket and greedily scooped the snow from around the base of the little fella. Soon I had unearthed him from his bleak, snow covered prison and transported him gently to the capacious trunk area of the spritely Suzuki SX4 AWD FonzieWagon.

Soon we were home, my new little Christmas friend safe and warm and lavishly decorated, certainly the centerpiece of my new west Omaha digs.

It finally feels like Christmas time....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baahaahaaahahaaa! What a good tree Daddy you are.

M-Rey

Anonymous said...

Youre a good man charlie Brown....

Rob J. and the Family said...

The snow has made him go mad....just don't get caught talking to that thing....

Kid Guzzi said...

Perhaps lil tree and I will go for a drive today in the 2007 Suzuki SX4 AWD FonzieWagon. I think a trip to some local tree farms to visit his cousins will perk up his needles.

JoeG said...

Seems to me like a perfict fit for "Woodstock"...:)