I am getting prepared for my trip out to the midwest this Saturday. My plan is to leave Deland, FL sometime between 4:00 and 5:00 a.m. Saturday. Hopefully the critters of the night will spare me any trouble whilst darkness covers the land. I want to make it to Memphis, Tennessee by the end of my riding day Saturday. That will be a little bit over 800 miles. There my good ol' buddy ol' pal Mike will meet up with me and if neither he nor I are in traction from the ride, we will enjoy some good ol' Memphis BBQ. Mike will be riding down from Papillion Saturday a.m. to meet up with me.
I am taking a different route this time, as I do not revel in having to pass through Atlanta and all its traffic and road construction. It is a holiday weekend and the roads will be busy enough as it is. This time i will opt for going through Montgomery and Birmingham, Alabama. I hope to reach Birmingham by maybe 2:00 or so. Forging on form there I will pass through Tupelo, Mississippi, the birthplace of the King of Rock 'n' Roll, Elvis Presley. After Tupelo I will motor on to Memphis, Tennessee, hoping to arrive by 7:00 p.m. or thereabouts.
Sunday morning will bring another FULL day of riding (~700 miles) but it will be good to have my riding buddy Mike along for that leg of the journey. Hopefully the state troopers will have other customers to serve, as Mike and I, having ridden together quite a bit, generally feel the need to stretch the antiquated speed limits. :=)
Here are a few maps showing the route I plan to take from Deland, Florida to Papillion, Nebraska. Click the maps to enlarge them.
4 comments:
Glad to see Mike will be meeting up with you... That will make the 2nd part of the trip fun... May you have a safe trip!!!
Thank you sl,
Mike's a good riding friend. I also look forward to the first leg of the trip when I will be flying solo.
Ride safely, my friend. A fresh pint of Upstream's finest awaits!
Roger that Enforcer!
Post a Comment